Career Planning Link Library
Student Career Info
Student Career Info is a production of Students & Leaders Network, Inc. a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing career information for students, educators, parents and the public. The program features live Q&A video discussions and a digital library of topics that provide information and insight on careers and life challenges for students. Additional video sessions of experts explaining their careers are continually added. It's all free to schools.
* Hot Jobs in Wisconsin - 50 Hot Jobs at WisConomy
* Education Resource Guide for Students and Families - A helpful career exploration resource for students provided by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development in conjuction with the American Job Force network
* The Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy (FLEYA)
FLEYA is week long program at the Marquette campus in downtown Milwaukee designed for high school students interested in a law enforcement career. Students will stay in the dorms at Marquette and be engaged in a wide variety of academic, physical and social events throughout the week. Students are chaperoned by sworn law enforcement and FBI employees and receive specific classroom training and practical exercises in investigative forensics, use of cyber technology techniques for combating violent crime, counterintelligence, gang awareness, civil rights (hate crimes), and many more violations of state and federal law. This unique training will include classes with federal agents, assistant U.S. attorneys and state attorneys, local police, and judges.
This camp is offered ever summer through Marquette University. Next registration will be open in February 2020. Watch for more details here.
* Interested in an career in Architecture?
Here's a summer camp where you can learn to build stuff
* Interested in IT and computer coding?
Check this website out - Code.org
Post-secondary School Programs
* IYRS School of Technology & Trades
A non-profit, post-secondary experiential learning school in Newport, Rhode Island. IYRS offers education & training programs for craftspeople, artists, fixers, technicians, thinkers, problem-solvers, and creatives. https://iyrs.edu/
* American College of the Building Arts
The American College of the Building Arts educates and trains artisans in the traditional building arts to foster exceptional craftsmanship and encourage the preservation, enrichment, and understanding of the world’s architectural heritage through a liberal arts education. https://acba.edu/
* Carpenters Training Institute - https://www.carpenterstraininginstitute.org/
* The Shelter Insitute - https://www.shelterinstitute.com/
* McPerson College, McPherson, Kansas - An industry specific educational program for automotive
restoration - https://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/
* Moorpark College - Considering a career working with animals? Here's an option: Moorpark College Teaching Zoo
* Interested in Engineering? Here's a link to some schools to consider (hint, a couple are in our own backyard...)
* Learn about Pennsylvania College of Technology - here
Student Support Services
Please note: This library of links offers sites students can use to explore and learn about different career areas, industry specific educational programs and support services. There are also video links where students can hear from people doing the types of jobs in which they may be interested. These links and videos are for informational purposes only and are not endorsements or recommendations by Ozaukee Youth Apprenticeship or the Port Washington-Saukville School District.